Sunday, March 14, 2010

My sweet sister Kimberly Dawn

I knew from the beginning that I would be sort of like a mother to this sweet breath of life that was brought into this world...She was so sweet and innocent and I loved her so much and never wanted anything bad to happen to her, it was kind of like she was mine! See, Kimberly and I were brought up in a not so great home and I always felt it was my "job" to keep her under my wing and nuture her like a mother does her young, even though we were only sisters....We always stuck by each other through all the bad times and always knew that we could count on each other when no one else was there for us. Anyone who knows us knows that our mother, unfortunately wasn't in our lives and our father was an alcoholic so we knew that we had to be strong for each other.
When she was a senior in high school I moved out on my own and took her with me...Even though I had a child of my own I knew that I had to care of her because she was my sister and best friend. We made it just fine as I knew we would!
She has come to make a great life for herself as I knew she would, even though I stay on her all the time to do her best it's only because I love her so much much and want her to have the very best in life! She is one of the pieces that makes my heart whole and I was greatful to be able to capture her beauty in these photos. I hope you will all enjoy, my friends:o)

<3

Related Posts with Thumbnails