Friday, September 10, 2010

going blank...

I have tried something a little new recently and well, you can say that it just really hasn't worked! I started brainstorming ideas in my lovely new planner that I got for my birthday. This is something that I have been wanting so that I would not forget all these wonderful ideas that flow through my head daily for blog posts. I figured I could jot them down in my planner and then I could use them for future blog posts when I saw fit. I have this really bad habit with forgetting if I don't write things down. I used to be wonderful at remembering but now I refer to myself as "the sticky note queen" because I have a major love affair going on with sticky notes! Anyway, so I have all these ideas in my planner for blog posts and I just can't seem to put into words something that I want to write about. It's like I am going blank lately. I don't know what's wrong with me. Sometimes I think I WAY over think things and wonder if people are really even interested in my blog and what I am even writing...I look and think "no one ever comments" but then I also remember something that my good friend Rebekah Tillotson said "Don't ever measure the amount of success your blog has by the number of comments a post obtains. Don't be discouraged and keep writing and posting (if this is what you WANT to do with your work.) Many people admire in silence. In fact, that is what many people do in the arts. It's an inward conversation with themselves." Then i breathed a sigh of relief because she is exactly right! And I should be writing because I want to as well! I mean of course I want you all, meaning my faithful blog readers, to love reading my posts, laugh at them and even think "geez this girl cannot spell worth a flip" but I also should do it for ME. I think that is why I am going blank because I am focusing way to much on things that I shouldn't be when I just need to relax and write from my heart. Instead of a picture with this post, I want you to please listen to this song at the end if you have a moment. It is wonderful, simply beautiful and has an incredible story behind it. It proves how great our GOD is.

5 comments:

pamisue67 said...

I never ever leave comments on blogs but I couldn't pass on this one. You have inspired me to pick up my camera just to see what happens. I enjoy listening to you "speaking" your mind and you have made me smile many times. So please don't stop; because even though silence in heard...sight is seen and enjoyed.

toni said...

I never leave comments either but I LOVE reading your blog and looking at your beautiful pictures too!!!

Christy Foreman said...

Ummm...you guys are seriously the bomb-digity, YES that's a real word. In my spell check dictionary. Seriously though, thank you both from the bottom of my heart, it really means alot for you to take the time to say such thoughtful things. And to know that I have inspired someone, OM-Goodness, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I have been insired by so many wonderful people and to know that I made ONE person feel that way, I just really cannot put it into words. Never lay your camera down and let it collect dust, take pictures of anything and everything. What one person may view as different is really quite beautiful if you will just open your eyes and heart to look at it completely. Haha, when I re-read that, I think I sounded a little bit like my good friend Rebekah;)

DEB said...

I always enjoy reading your blog and love the way you capture a "feeling"' in an image'!! As God has blessed you, you have blessed others. I have my computer on mute because your son is trying to sleep lol so I will listen in the am about Heather and her story because I think for some reason I am supposed to hear it. Before today I had never heard of Heather or her songs but I was listening to the praise music channel earlier today when her song Halluejah came on and the announcer commented that Heather has been through so much but still sings and then you post about her also A few hours later so I dont think it is a concidence I think it is a "God Thing". SO THANKS FOR DELIVERING THE MESSAGE LOVE YOU

Hannah said...

You have another faithful reader out there....just so ya know :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails