Friday, October 29, 2010

Katie and John {A Lavender Crest Wedding}

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip...a trip to IL. I was on my way to shoot Katie and John's wedding. A few months back my BFF Azure got married and her friend Katie saw some of the photos that I took (just for fun) and she loved them so much that she was interested in having me come to shoot her wedding. At first I thought "Is she serious, could she really want me to come all the way there to shoot her wedding." Well she was serious! After some e-mails and some phone conversation it was for sure! I was booked to shoot her wedding! Ok, seriously, how many times have I already said the word wedding?!?! So, October 15th, here I go, on my own on an airplane to IL. I was nervous. I sat next to some guy on the plane that wouldn't speak to me. I tried to nervously make conversation but he wasn't interested, so I sat there and stared out the window thinking. Thinking about what I would say to Katie when I met her for the first time. I finally arrived and Azure was there to greet me with a big hug!
It was finally time for the BIG day. We met up with Katie and her girls at the hotel where they had stayed the night before and she also greeted me with a BIG hug. I then felt comfort. The girls were so much fun getting all dallied up. And then I yelled out to Katie for something and she stopped a minute and just looked at me with this look. She said "I love it when you say my name." Apparently the southern accent is quite popular in the northern part of the world, OR are they making fun of us;) No, I think she loves me! And I love her back! We went on from there to meet the guys at Lavender Crest for some shots, then the girls turn and then it was time for the ceremony. It was truly a touching ceremony. When I am behind my lens, I tend to listen a lot more then I normally do. See, I am a talker! A BIG talker. I will talk your head off. But, when I am behind the lens I listen and hear everything that is going on. I could hear a pen drop, I think. The preacher delivered a wonderful message and then read some vows that Katie and John had written for each other. They were beautiful.
After the ceremony, it was off to take a few more photos and then the fun was on, the reception! It was so much fun and relaxed! I am so truly thankful to have been a part of this special day and I hope you guys LOVE your photos! I can't wait until the next time I visit!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are great!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails