Monday, November 8, 2010

I am to blessed to be stressed



So, at church yesterday the pastor preached on things that we should praise. Not necessarily the BIG things, but the smaller things. He told a story about this lady at the church he used to preach at that had a really bad case of arthritis, yet every time the church doors were open she was there. He remembered asking her how she was and her response every time was "I am to blessed to be stressed." He knew that she must be in pain. He could tell by the way she would walk, by the way that she would have to carry her bible underneath her arm because she simply could not hold it in her hands, yet she never complained. I think to myself, what things do I complain about that I really shouldn't? What small things that I think are so awful are really so minor compared to how badly some people have it? So today, I closed my eyes for a few moments and I thought about it? What small things that sometimes I take for granted should I praise the lord for daily?

{My eyes} Without them, I could not see my beautiful children and husband everyday. I could not see the beauty of everyday life that I see through my lens.

{My ears} Without them, I could not hear my children say mommy, (as annoying as I may SAY it is sometimes, what would I do if I could never hear that word again?) I could not hear my lovely husband call me sweetheart and darling and the other cute names that he comes up with for me.

{My hands} Without them, I could not be typing this post and tell this story in hopes to touch one persons heart the way that it did mine yesterday. Without them I could not feel the warmth of my babies the day each of them were born.

That leads me to this photo, of my daughter Taylure. She is so happy in this photo. You may all remember it from our pumpkin patch experience;) But, it brings joy to my heart to praise HIM for what he has given me in all 3 of my children. I am WAY to blessed to be stressed!

2 comments:

Toni said...

I have had a really bad day and I needed to read that so, thank you! P.S. I know how hard it is to get good pictures of own children smiling sweetly but I just love that one of your little girl!!

SunshineMT said...

Thank you for sharing this! It brought tears to my eyes because I realize how much I've taken for granted. You're an inspiring lady, Christy Foreman!

Related Posts with Thumbnails